Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Breath of Peace


Breath of Peace

36" x 24"
Acrylic on gallery wrapped linen

$600

Also available as prints and note cards.

For an upcoming gallery show entitled, "Black, White and One" I chose this statue's serene face, and aside from black and white I have used only Pthalo Green.  Often during the process I move the painting out of my studio so that I can walk a distance from it and study what still needs to be done, since as you most likely know, I pray and paint as I feel God directs me.  While standing and praying, about half way through her creation, another artist came and looked with me and said in an awe-filled whisper, "She's breathing!"

John 14:27:  Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 20:21-22:  Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you!  As the Father has sent Me, I am sending you."  And with that He breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit."


No comments: