Saturday, January 21, 2012

Our Little Angel


Maddie with Wings
(Our Little Angel)


I love endearments.  I think they make the person you love feel even more special.  Recently I remembered that my Dad called me "Little Bit" when I was small.  It made me feel precious.  And "Precious" is what our Gran called all of her grandchildren, me included.

Maddie is a little over a year old now, and most often, both of her parents call her "Maddie Bug".  Cute, huh?  Anyway, I've not thought of her as "our little angel", even though I knew that after they visited when she was 10 months old I just HAD to paint her as a cherub.  I used for a reference photo a picture of her seated on a 12' trampoline, looking at a leaf.

The painting is 24"x24" and is done in oils.  I had to really scramble to get it done and dried before shipping it off to California in time for Christmas!  It was a success, as both our daughter and our son-in-law cried over it!!!  They had no idea I was painting Maddie, and their response to it made me extra happy.  Plus, I got to smile for over a month as I painted her.  It made me feel almost as if she were still here with us on the east coast.  California is a very long way away from Virginia....

1 comment: