Saturday, May 12, 2012

First Watch Over the Mississippi






First Watch Over the Mississippi

SOLD - Commissioned

36" x 24"
Acrylic on canvas

One of my earlier angel paintings found a home with a dear friend of ours in North Carolina where we used to live, and her daughter-in-law asked me if I would paint an angel for her to go over their fireplace.  She picked a palette that she loved from some of my other paintings, and asked for an angel in the sky however I saw fit to create her.

My first attempt was posted while in process on my Facebook page for Sarah Paints, and as it was forming, it became clear to me that this young wife and mother didn't need even the naked back of an angel in her living room!  So, that one is still in process at my studio for someone else, and I began again.

The "First Watch" includes the evening hours past dusk into the darkness of night, and this lovely angel is sweeping over the fire-orange sunset-lit autumn trees along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, guarding and blessing God's creation and creatures.

I hope she will bring blessings into my friends' home and a smile to your face!  If you would like to commission me to create a painting for you, please contact me.

First Watch Over the Mississippi will soon be available as prints and note cards.

No comments: