Thursday, December 11, 2014

Joy's Angel

A dear friend found a photo on Facebook of an angel that she really connected with and I got permission from the photographer to use it as inspiration for a painting.... a surprise gift for my friend!

                                                              Hadasseh
                                                            Joy's Angel

 
 
As Joy and I spoke about how she felt she related to this angel statue, I began to pray about how to manifest her feelings in the painting.  First thing, the metal bird had to go!  She needed a dove to symbolize Holy Spirit right there with her through everything, on her shoulder, speaking to her and holding her steady through all of life's storms.  She also needed to be coming forth from those dark stormy places into light and freedom.  I changed the statue to let her hair fly free on the lit side, and to be tightly controlled on the shadowed side.  I also softened the face and made her more serene.  Often, God names my paintings and my angel pieces.  All I had for this one was the 'working title' of "Joy's Angel".  It was after Joy received her and hung her in her bedroom that the name came forth:  Hadasseh.  Holy Spirit gave me a lot of words of knowledge for Joy as I painted, and prophetic words, too!  The name He gave her for her special painting also holds a very intimate word of encouragement to my dear friend.  This is the kind of ministry that deeply excites me and makes me feel fulfilled as an artist and handmaiden of our Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

Clyde said...

Love to see you are still producing magnificent works. Love "Joy's Angel". Searching all over for hidden messages. Captivating.