Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Local Angel


Arise

20" x 30" acrylic on canvas, framed
SOLD

Available as prints and note cards.
This majestic angel statue stands in a cemetery in Virginia Beach, VA.  Although the original is missing the finger which points skyward, and her white marble is untouched by the green patina which I added here, this is pretty much how she looks today.  I love the serenity which seems to have been sculpted by the old master artisans and is so rarely found in new cemetery monuments.  When I was in the process of painting her and thinking what to call her, only that one word, "Arise" seemed to fit what she would speak, if she could.

The original was sold to a dear friend and collector of my artwork.  High quality giclees on canvas or paper are available by order.  Please contact me if you are interested.

No comments: