Saturday, June 4, 2011

Angel of Deliverance


Angel of Deliverance

30" x 50"
Acrylic on gallery wrap canvas

SOLD

Also available as prints and note cards.

Seemingly from the very beginning of man's understanding of Almighty God, I Am that I Am, El Shaddai (and all of the other names by which He's made Himself known) we have also heard of His ministering spirits.  He sends His angels on missions of mercy and missions of destroying wrath.  They tenderly guard children on their way and they destroyed all of Egypt's firstborn in the days of Pharaoh.  They worship at the throne of God and obey His commands.  One of my favorite contemporary Christian songs is Amy Grant's "Angels Watchin' Over Me".

When I set my heart on the painting of a descending angel coming to the rescue, I asked a fellow artist and friend of mine to model for me.  We weren't able to do the photo session in time for me to finish what I had purposed to undertake in time for my One Person Show called "Heaven Among Us", May of 2011.  We'll get that done one day.  But instead of postponing my idea any longer, I let it flow from my imagination.  Here is a less realistiic, more cartoon version of the Angel of Deliverance, who is coming to lift the viewer out of crisis and carry him/her off to safety.

Psalm 34:7
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and he delivers them.


Note:  If you were looking for posts here in May, I apologize.  I was preparing and displaying my first One Person Show called "Heaven Among Us", and now finally have time to breathe.  And post.  :-)

If you are enjoying my blog and images, I hope you will become a 'follower', and send me a note or comment.  Blessings!

No comments: