Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beautiful Mizrahi


Beautiful Mizrahi

20" x 16"
Acrylic on canvas

$650

Also available as prints and note cards.

As an artist, I am always fascinated by unusual uses of color and brilliant displays.  Sometimes I see runway models and print models with fabulous splashes of color and it inspires me to paint.  Although I could not use the vivid blues and turquoise of the make-up artist's work, which was what first attracted me, I turned a close-up image of her face and hands into a dancing angel with falcon wings and eyelashes.  I let her wings exhibit the fabulous colors.  And when I stood [transfixed, I admit it] before the finished painting, I was clueless as to what to name her.  Friends on the internet helped me with many lovely suggestions.  After reading about the Mizrahi dance, music and cultural/social movement, that had to be it! It fit perfectly; but even that name simply wasn't exuberant enough, so she became Beautiful Mizrahi.  I hope you will search online for Mizrahi music and listen.  It will bless you!

Zephaniah 3:17 (Amplified version)
The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a mighty One, a Savior - Who saves!  He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.  ... and somewhere it says: and dance over you with joy!  I figure if our Lord dances over His people with joy, the angels will all join in!

No comments: